Category: MTE expos
Published on 04 June 2014
Reasons to exhibit:
- MTE will help you to select shows according to your company needs
- MTE is a face to face driven company
- Maintain / Extend relationships with existing clients
- Identify and assess new markets
- Secure new business contacts & develop prospect database
- 1 Good lead pays for the show
Getting the most out of the MTE exhibitions ...
Using the shows
…If you are a big company
Use the shows to build your relationship through coaching and counselling – introduce new ideas, add new products, strengthen your penetration. You will have more time to talk to your mining friends and contacts because they’re not under severe time pressures.
…If you are a small company
Limited man-hours means you must maximise your face-to-face time with customers. The shows get you in front of thousands of users and specifiers – more than you will ever see in regular selling. Use the Force of the Expo to help you talk to key mine people.
Problems faced by people selling to the mines
- Large decision-making units – many sales calls needed on each mine
- Widespread geographic area – often results in limited and sporadic support from Head Office Personnel
- Difficulties in making appointments…often cancelled or just “ducked”
- “Mining People” only available for short period in afternoon
- Subjective decisions can be made by relatively low rank mine people… not everyone can say “yes” but many can say “no”!
- Lengthy decision-making process in new products – mining people are conservative
- Difficult if not impossible to present a complete product range in one call
Benefits of selling on MTE exhibitions
- Specifiers, users and decision makers all gathered in one place
- The people you are talking to are feeling positive
- You have all the products your customers want to see… right at hand
- You have the facilities to demonstrate your products
- You can “coach” key members of the workforce
- You get all this at an excellent price
Plan to succeed
- Set objectives
- Get the invitation list and mark key people
- Contact them before the show
- Take the list with you
- Create activity on your stand
- Make sure your stand says things the mines like to hear, not things you like to say
- “Network” - almost everybody knows the people you want to see
- Stay late - senior mine people are very busy and they may arrive at the show late
- Carefully note all interest – do not rely on memory
- Success is yours!
Read more on making the most of every exhibition ...