MTE Exhibitions & Calendar

MTE Arandis Expo 2017

MTE Logo 130spacer 

ARANDIS (Namibia)

Arandis Stadium  
28 March 2017  
13:00 to 17:00  

Rossing Uranium Mine
Swakop Uranium Mine
Langer Heinrich
Smaller mining operations
Reptile Uranium Mine
Bannerman Resources


wb 3

wb 1

  RSVP email
spacer Per stand - Excl. VAT
   1 show  R13 800
  2 shows  R20 000

Arandis, a small town in the Erongo region of sub-Saharan Africa’s dustiest country, Namibia, has been called the uranium capital of the world as it is located just 15km outside the world's largest open-pit uranium mine, the Rössing Uranium Mine.

Arandis is a true-blue mining town; originally established in 1978 for the Rössing workers, Arandis was granted self-administration and ‘town’ status in 1994. Arandis is also home to the Namibian Institute of Mining and Technology, a technical institute focused on training skilled industrial workers.

The Rössing Uranium Mine is one of the largest and longest-running open pit uranium mines in the world. Located in the Namib Desert 65km from Swakopmund, it was discovered in 1928, began operating at Namibia's first uranium mine in 1976, and in 2015 it produced 1 245 tonnes of uranium oxide and produces 2% of the world's uranium. Rössing is a member of the Rio Tinto group of companies.

Swakop Uranium was established in 2006 by Extract Resources, an Australian company, to explore, evaluate, develop and produce uranium oxide. In 2012, Swakop Uranium was acquired by Taurus Minerals Limited of Hong Kong, a subsidiary of the China General Nuclear Power Company (CGNPC), Uranium Resources Co. Ltd and the China-Africa Development Fund.

Taurus owns 90% of Swakop Uranium, while the remaining 10% is owned by Epangelo Mining Company, the Namibian state-owned mining company. CGNPC’s investment in Swakop Uranium is one of the biggest investments in Namibia since its independence, and by far the single biggest investment by China in Africa. More than USD100-million has been spent to reach the construction phase and a further USD2-billion is required to bring the mine online.

Exhibitors should include any company that supplies equipment or products to the uranium mines, or that supplies equipment or products that can be used in the uranium mining process. Arandis is a uranium-mining town, if you’re involved in that business, then this is the expo for you.

- This is our first exhibition in the area.

Pin It

Connect with us

Talk to us

Available Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 4 PM
Call usemail us