- Category: MTE expos
- Published on 25 November 2016
- Hits: 3170
|Western Levels Cricket Club|
|26 January 2017|
|13:00 to 17:00|
Mponeng Gold Mine
TauTona Gold Mine
Kusasalethu Gold Mine
|Per stand - Excl. VAT|
|1-5 shows||R9 600|
|6-11 shows||R8 500|
|12+ shows||R7 800|
|2 x Combos||R15 100|
|3 x Combos||R19 800|
The Anglo Gold Ashanti West Wits mining district’s operations, situated southwest of Johannesburg on the border between Gauteng and North West province, include:
- Mponeng, the world’s deepest gold mine and the flagship of Anglo Gold Ashanti’s South African operation. Mponeng exploits the Ventersdorp Contact Reef (VCR) at depths of between 2 400m and 3 900m by means of a twin-shaft system. Ore is treated and smelted at the mine’s gold plant.
- TauTona’s three-shaft system exploits both the Carbon Leader Reef (CLR) and the VCR, with the secondary and tertiary shafts sinking to depths of between 2 900m and 3 480m. The full integration of Savuka into TauTona’s infrastructure was completed with a link between the two mines to reduce dependency on a single infrastructure system. TauTona’s infrastructure is used to access the remaining Ore Reserve at Savuka. Hoisting of Savuka ore via TauTona began in the second quarter of 2015. To improve efficiencies, ore mined is processed at Mponeng’s gold plant.
Harmony’s Kusasalethu mine is located about 90 kilometres from Johannesburg, near the provincial border of Gauteng and North West Province. Kusasalethu is situated in the West Wits basin and mines the VCR as its main ore body. The mine comprises twin vertical and twin sub-vertical shaft systems and uses conventional mining methods in a sequential grid layout. Mining is conducted at a depth of 3 388m, making Kusasalethu Harmony’s deepest mine. Ore mined is treated at the Kusasalethu plant.
Exhibitors should include any company that supplies equipment or products to the gold mines, or that supplies equipment or products that can be used in the gold mining process. West Wits is a gold mining area, if you’re involved in that business, then this is the expo for you.
- This is our 22nd exhibition in the area, our last exhibition was in 2015.
- We had 398 registered visitors and
- 39 exhibitors booked at the last exhibition.